What is the in-house detailing department?
The Detailing Department is part of the Structural Steel Division here at Lancaster Burns. Our departments’ mission is to provide the shop and field with accurate, clearly presented information and drawings to maximize the quality of our work, and the efficiency in which it is performed.
Our vision is to be universally recognized as the premier detailing group in our region.
We currently use Tekla Structures v20.1 and 21.1 as our 3D modeling (BIM) software. Models created with the Tekla software can carry accurate, reliable, and detailed information needed for successful Building Information Management and construction execution.
Tekla can be used in collaboration with multiple softwares, including Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketchup. All of which our team is trained on and ready to use.
Our detailing department also works closely with the other divisions here at LB. By providing models that incorporate all stages of construction, we can manage our jobs with maximum efficiency.
What are the benefits of having an in-house detailing department?
- Direct/Immediate contact with department
- Reduced Conflicts with Clash detection
- More efficient construction phasing
- Able to provide Crane, Lotting and Safety plans
- Quickly handle revisions
- Quickly answer shop questions
- Artists renderings of projects
What is a Steel Detailer?
- A Steel Detailer interprets architectural and structural drawings to gain a thorough working knowledge of the overall design intent of a building or structure. Using this translated information they then produce an altogether different set of clear and accurate drawings for the purpose of steel fabrication. All steel members required to build the structure are fabricated and erected from shop and erection drawings created by the structural steel detailer.
- Steel Detailers work closely with architects, engineers, builders, and employees from the shop and field to contribute to a projects successful completion.
Ice Blocks 1 Project Tekla Competition
Our Detailing team is competing in the 2018 Tekla North American BIM Awards. With over 30 submissions, from sports arenas to stairs, our team submitted our Ice Blocks 1 Model. To view more, click on the following link… continue reading